Salt to taste
1 tablespoon of vanilla
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Slice challah into 1 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place in the bottom of casserole dish.
- Tear as needed to fit casserole dish.
- Mix together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over casserole, cover and store in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Optional: nutmeg and ginger can be added for additional flavor. 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
- Optional: cranberries or raisins can be added. Pour over bread before final mixture is added.
- When casserole is done, cut into squares to serve.
- You can top with powdered sugar, fruit or syrup.