- Loading stock data...
Peloton Bike+ and Tread – FAQ
Peloton Bike+ and new tread were announced today and there are a bunch of questions I have seen over and over today so here’s a quick FAQ for you. If we all share, we can help the whole community get the correct information!
- Can I get the Apple Health Kit integration on my current bike, if I choose not to buy the Peloton Bike+?
No. You cannot. The Apple Health Kit requires an NFC chip that will be included in the new Bike+ monitor. That is the only way you can get the Apple Health Kit integration.
- Can I get the Apple Health Kit integration on the new, smaller tread?
No, you cannot. It is only being included in the Bike+ monitor.
- If I owe money on my current bike through Affirm, will I still owe that money if I trade my bike in for the new Peloton Bike+?
Yes, you will still owe the money to Affirm. Think of it as a credit card purchase, that’s essentially what it is. If you get rid of an item you bought on a credit card, you still owe the money.
- How long do I have to make a decision if I want to trade in my current bike?
No time limit has been set…so far.
- The Bike+ says it moves 180 degrees – is that only one direction?
No, according to the Peloton support site, the new monitor swivels to the left 180 degrees and to the right 180 degrees.
- Can I still get bike bootcamps on my current bike?
Yes, you’ll just have to figure out a way to listen to the class to keep going: cast the class on a tablet, tv, or just listen while you are next to your bike on the floor.
- If I have an extended warranty on my current bike, can I transfer that to my new bike?
No, if you purchase a new bike, you’ll have the option to buy a new extended warranty. Think of it like trading in a car. The warranty is attached to the car, not the customer.
- But I heard there were adjustable handlebars on the Peloton Bike+, that’s still a thing, right?
Nope, despite some reports (none from The Clip Out!) and lots of people requesting it for it as long as we can remember, Peloton did not include this as an option.
- But then I can just get one of those 3rd party deals to make my current monitor pivot, right?
I mean, you can. Definitely. But, be warned – this voids your Peloton warranty. You should probably stop posting on social media about it if you do!
- When can I order the Peloton Bike+?
9/9/20 at 9am ET. Call your local store to order (or let me know if you need a sales hookup – I’ve got a great one!)
- When can I order the tread?
Not until the end of 2020 or early 2021, depending on where you live.
- I’m scared of the auto resistance – should I still get the Peloton Bike+?
If that is the only thing holding you back from purchasing, then yes, you should still get the Bike+. You can turn it off and on right on the screen – easy, peasy!
- How will the rebate work when I trade my current bike in for the Peloton Bike+?
The rebate is a credit to whichever credit card you provided at checkout.
- Can I trade in my bike even if it’s kinda “yucky”?
The bike has to be in good condition and working order or else no rebate. So no putting a Peloton sticker on your Echelon.