- Loading stock data...
Ben Schirmer: Episode 41
Ben gives us an incredibly healthy recipe full of vegetables – unless you are Tom – then Ben suggests substituting the veggies for chocolate chip cookies!
2 cups roughly chopped kale
paprika to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cups spinach
2 cups roughly chopped broccoli
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with 2 big pinches of salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large oven-safe nonstick pan on medium, heat the oil. Add the vegetables. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is tender and the spinach wilts, about 5 minutes.
- Adjust the heat to low and add the eggs. Swirl the pan so the eggs are in an even layer. Cook until the edges of the eggs begin to set, 1 to 2 minutes. Top with the cheese and slide the pan into the oven. Bake until the eggs set completely and the cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
- Using an oven mitt, remove the pan from the oven. Let your frittata cool for 5 minutes before transferring it to a cutting board and slicing. Feeds 4, unless you are really hungry!
- For Tom, you could try substituting chocolate chip cookies for the vegetables. Not sure it will work but it would probably make Tom happy.