- Loading stock data...
Rumors Swirls About Peloton’s New Bike and Tread
Update (9/8/20 7:33am CT)
- The timing: TOMORROW!! That’s right – you can order the bike TOMORROW!
- The pricing:
- The new Peloton Bike+ will be $2,495 USD (£2,295 GBP/$3,295 CAD/€2,690 EUR) and available in the U.S., U.K., Canada and Germany on September 9, 2020. Financing will be available, as will the standard 30-Day Home Trial period.
- The original Peloton Bike, now at the lower price point of $1,895 USD with 30-Day Home Trial for new purchasers, will remain available in all territories.
- The new Peloton Tread will be $2,495 USD ($3,295 CAD /£2,295 GBP) and is coming in early 2021 to the US and Canada, to the UK starting on December 26, 2020, and to Germany later in 2021. Financing will be available starting at $64 USD/mo over 39-months at 0% APR** (plus the cost of an All-Access Membership), as will the standard 30-Day Home Trial period.
- The original Peloton Tread, now called Peloton Tread+ will remain at $4,295 USD with a 30-Day Home Trial for first purchasers, and available in the US.
- Trade-in option:
- Owners of the original Peloton Bike in the U.S. only are eligible to trade in Peloton Bikes that are in working condition.
- When you trade in, you’ll receive a $700 rebate and a free Yoga & Toning accessories set, and Peloton will pick up your current Peloton Bike as part of the trade-in package.
- Recent purchase refund:
- Peloton is automatically refunding Members who are still within the 30-Day Home Trial window or are awaiting delivery of their original Peloton Bike the $350 price difference plus tax, which will appear on your original form of payment in 7-10 business days.
- The new, smaller tread WILL be able to ship to Canada (FINALLY!!!), UK, and Germany!
- The bike starts selling on 9/9. The tread will begin December/January/Later depending on where you live.
- Bike bootcamps are definitely a THING!!! AND JESS SIMS IS GOING TO BE TEACHING THEM!!!!
- Bike bootcamps will begin 9/15!!!!
- Most exciting – all of the details we previously reported were correct! This is going to be an EPIC year for Peloton and the Peloton Community!
Update (9/4/20 7:59am CT)
Early this morning, Bloomberg posted an article with much of the same information we had heard below, but they also had some other tidbits we think you will be excited about!
- The timing: According to the article, we can expect the official Peloton announcement next week ahead of the earnings call. The earnings call is scheduled for 9/10/20 at 5pm ET. I’m PERSONALLY predicting we’ll hear about it the day before.
- The names: The new Tread will keep the name Tread, while the original will keep the name Tread+; The current bike will stay the Bike and the new bike will be called Bike+. Pretty simple!
- The pricing: I haven’t heard this anywhere else, but Bloomberg says you can expect
- the new Tread, to be less than $3,000, compared to the current $4,295 Tread price
- The new Bike+ will be be MORE than the current $2,245 and the current Bike will have a price reduction down to $1,900
- Other details: Supposedly both the new tread AND the new bike will have a monitor that is able to swivel.
Update (9/3/20 9:50am CT)
We’re still discovering details about the new bike. The addition of a monitor that swivels was essentially confirmation that bike-based boot camps are coming. Well, now we know who the first bike-boot instructors will be!
You read that right. Jess Sims is adding the bike to her repertoire and bringing boot camps with her.
Update (9/2/20 10:50am CT)
Here’s what we’re hearing about the new Tread. While haven’t confirmed official specs, we have confirmed that the new Tread will have a significantly smaller footprint. Super important for apartment-dwellers or those looking to fit one more piece of fitness equipment into an already cramped space. The monitor size will be reduced to 23.5 inches. This is identical to the monitor size for the new bike so having identical monitors probably saves them on manufacturing costs. The new Tread will no longer utilize slats. However, users can still expect a similar feel as Peloton has added a cushioning device to maintain the bounce that current Tread-owners are used to. We do not anticipate the new Tread being available for purchase as soon as the new bike will be. Look for sales to begin around the first of the year.
Update (9/2/20 10:04am CT)
Here’s the latest – How will the bike interact with Apple products?? Well, for one if you have an Apple watch, you can simply tap the display to pair and begin displaying your heart rate. Second, it will automatically update your rings! WOW!
Original Post (9/2/20 9:35am CT)
Rumors are starting to leak about Peloton’s new bike and we have the scoop! This is what we’re hearing about what to expect.
The new premium bike will feature a larger monitor clocking in at 23.5 inches. For comparison’s sake, the current bike monitor is 21.5 inches. But bigger isn’t the only change with the screen. The new monitor will also swivel! This all but confirms that bike boot camps are coming.
Obviously music has always been an integral part of the Peloton experience and they are really upping the ante with a front-facing soundbar plus a subwoofer.
Another fascinating feature of the new bike is its ability to automatically change the resistance based on what the instructor calls out.
We haven’t been able to confirm the price but we’re being told to expect an official announcement to come sometime around Peloton’s next quarterly earnings report.
Be sure and stay tuned as more rumors about Peloton’s new bike start to drop.
With so many new bikes having been sold in the last three months, we have to wonder if there might be a trade-in program in the works.