Lisa Niren: Episode 50
Gluten Free + Paleo Friendly.
Lisa says “Give these banana, date and walnut protein muffins a try. They are ridiculously easy to make and have no sugar in them, just using the dates to sweeten them and a drizzle of honey on top, as needed. These would be a great addition to your kids school lunch box or a warmed up afternoon tea snack! Put a dollop of almond butter or ricotta cheese on top for the protein and fat boost…delicious! Can’t quite fathom how something this good can be so good for you!”
2 cups almond meal
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 scoop of vanilla wafer Muscle Elements T.R.U.T.H protein or any other protein you desire
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped/crushed
NOTE: YOU CAN OMIT EGGS ALL TOGETHER & USE CHIA SEEDS OR FLAX SEEDS AS A REPLACEMENT — 1tbs chia seeds + 3tbs water per 1 egg. Grind up the chia seeds (you can use black chia as you won’t see them in the muffin) and add the water to make a gooey paste).
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven on bake to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, T.R.UT.H, salt, cinnamon, gloves, nutmeg and vanilla extract.
- In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs and oil.
- Add mixture from food processor to dry mixture in the large bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Fold in nuts.
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins.
- Top with chia seeds and banana slices.
- Bake for 25 minutes.